MX4 is a small group training program that combines a variety of unique training tools including a functional training system, a self-powered treadmill, a rower and an upper-body cycle.
Why is this beneficial?
Diverse, progressive workouts keep sessions fresh and engaging for members. Since each session is limited to 8 participants, members can count on plenty of one-on-one time with a trainer who will help tailor the program and exercises to their ability levels and goals. Ultimately, this blend of equipment, programming and personnel will help participants take advantage of the benefits of a personal training service in a focused, group environment.
What type of workout will participants experience?
- 30-minute total body workout
- Build functional strength by performing weight -bearing exercises that reflect daily activities
- Burn fat and build muscle faster with high intensity interval training
- Perform diverse resistance training exercises
- Refine agility with forward, reverse and lateral drills
- Improve cardiovascular health with full-body exercise that’s easy on the joints
- Increase aerobic capacity, strength and endurance with unique upper-body workouts
Who is MX4 appropriate for?
The new program is open to people of all fitness levels-from beginner to elite- who want to improve their cardio, power, strength and endurance. Everyone gets plenty of personal attention from the trainer, this class has a "team-environment" feel.
MX4 Active combines Matrix-exclusive equipment with original programming to get older and deconditioned adults moving in a way right for their abilities. Currently, MX4 Active is offered at our North River location.
Offerings vary between locations, and may only be offered seasonally. Please contact your local Y to inquire for more info.
Join the Y
Increase energy, decrease stress, prevent illness, maintain a healthy weight, find personal balance, and enjoy quality time with family and friends... at the Y! We combine spirit, mind, and body in an integrated approach to well-being that goes beyond just fitness.
Learn More »