Join us for this evidence-based program towards a plant-based diet. A journey towards a Whole Food Plant-Based Lifestyle. Food Rx: Using Food as Medicine!
In today's world the leading causes of disease are "Lifestyle" related. At the top of the list is poor nutrition. With our Food Rx: Using Food as Medicine classes you will learn the current evidence-based science of how food can prevent and reverse chronic diseases. The classes are designed by physicians, diabetes educators, registered dietitians, and professional chefs to offer an easy-to-follow dietary approach based on scientific research. Clinical and population studies show that a low-fat, plant-based diet is effective at improving blood glucose levels, promoting weight loss, reducing cholesterol, and lowering the risk of diabetes and other chronic diseases (heart disease, Alzheimer's, cancer, and stroke).
Learn how to prevent:
- Heart Disease
- Gastrointestinal Disturbances
- And more
What to Expect:
- Meal planning and practical cooking skills
- Learn to make healthy choices
- Cooking demonstration with tasty and easy-to-prepare recipes
- Resources and support for new healthy changes
- Food samples of the recipes prepared in class
Fall classes beginning Sept. 5 - FULL
To be placed on the waitlist, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details: Sessions occur every Tuesday from 5:30- 6:30 p.m.
Location: 2205 McCallie Ave. Chattanooga, TN 37404
Taught By: Crissie Smith, Food for Life Instructor
Contact Megan Vermeer at 423.877.3517 to register or for more information.
8 Week Class Schedule:
- Class 1 Power of Your Plate
- Class 2 Foods for a Healthy Heart
- Class 3 How Foods Fight Diabetes
- Class 4 How Foods Fight Cancer
- Class 5 Designing a Diet for Maximum Weight Control
- Class 6 Digestive Health
- Class 7 Power Foods for the Brain
- Class 8 Making it Work for You
The cost of the classes is FREE!
Join the Y
Increase energy, decrease stress, prevent illness, maintain a healthy weight, find personal balance, and enjoy quality time with family and friends... at the Y! We combine spirit, mind, and body in an integrated approach to well-being that goes beyond just fitness.
Learn More »