ABOUT THE Y
The YMCA of Metropolitan Chattanooga has a 150 year history in the community. To date, the Y engages 60,000 individuals through programs and services across 18 locations, including one residential camp and three child development centers.
At the YMCA of Metropolitan Chattanooga, we believe in honoring our Christian mission, living our cause, acting in accordance with our values, and placing the greater good above self.
It is our belief that, in a diverse world, we are stronger when our doors are open to all. Diversity and inclusion are core tenets of our mission as we work to create better communities, a better country and a better world... For A Better Us. We are committed to ensuring that our members, program participants, donors, volunteers and team members feel genuinely welcome, encouraged and supported.
Together, with our members, donors & community partners, we are making sure that ALL have the opportunity to thrive. These programs would not be possible without our annual Community Support Campaign as well as private and public grants.
AREAS OF IMPACT
Youth Development - Empowering young people to reach their full potential.
- YCAP, BOLD/GOLD, Youth Sports, YMCA Camp Ocoee, Afterschool Care, Model UN, Miracle League
Healthy Living- Improving individual and community well-being
- Miracle League, Food RX, Nutrition Programming, Pedaling for Parkinson's, Rock Steady, LIVESTRONG at the Y, Diabetes Prevention
Social Responsibility - Providing support and inspiring action in our communities
- Safety Around Water, Mobile Fit, Food & Fun, Mobile Market, Backpack Blessings
Get a glimpse of our 2021 Impact:
- 35,000 individuals served in holistic wellness programs
- $1.2 Million in Financial Assistance
- 93 Corporate Partners
- 555,000 healthy meals prepared and served across 80 area sites
- More than 1,300 volunteers extended their time and energy during 2021.
- 11,339 youth served
Get more impact info below from our Impact Report and/or 2021 Annual Report.
Join the Y
Increase energy, decrease stress, prevent illness, maintain a healthy weight, find personal balance, and enjoy quality time with family and friends... at the Y! We combine spirit, mind, and body in an integrated approach to well-being that goes beyond just fitness.
Learn More »