HAMLTON FAMILY YMCA LIFEGUARD CLASSES
It's a tradition we're proud to continue today. From community programs to lifeguard training to swim lessons, the YMCA teaches and promotes water safety one lap at a time. We empower people like you to anticipate and prevent problems before they occur and take action to help those in danger.
Questions? Email Schuyler Colling for more info.
In this course, you will become Red Cross Certified as a lifeguard. It includes both classroom learning and in-water practice so that participants are ready for real life situations upon completion. Individuals must be at least 15 years old.
- Member Cost: $200
- Non-Member Cost: $250
- Contact us for Group Training Rates!
- *CPR Pro, Emergency Oxygen and First Aid are now included in this class*
- 300 Yard Swim: At least 100 yards must be freestyle, and at least 100 yards breaststroke
- 2 minutes treading water with hands either out of water or tucked under armpits
- Sprint to deep end of pool; retrieve 10-pound brick from bottom of pool; swim on your back to the shallow end with brick on chest. Brick and face must be kept out of water. This process must be done in 1 minute, 45 seconds.
- 15 years of age (proof of age will be required)
- Must be present at ALL class sessions, NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Must display maturity and a positive attitude throughout the entire class
- Must be proficient with all skills taught in class and receive 80% or higher on the written tests and 100% on skills test
- Money will not be refunded for those who do not pass the course.
CPR & First Aid Training
Successful completion of this class will earn participants an American Health and Safety Institute certification.
How to Register:
- Register at the Hamilton Family YMCA
- Email Judy Eaves
- Complete the online portion of course
- See us for the Skills Class portion
- Receive your 2-year certification plus EBook and reviews
- Group Discounts are available.
American Safety and Health Institute certification. Our programs are accepted as substantially equivalent to the American Heart Association and American Red Cross by most state regulatory authorities, the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians, the Department of Homeland Security/United States Coast Guard. ASHI is nationally accredited by the Continuing Education Board for Emergency Medical Services.