Get trained to save lives! The Cleveland Y offers a variety of certification courses, from Lifeguarding to CPR/First Aid/AED/O2. Check out our schedules to see if our offerings meet your needs.
CPR, AED O2 and First Aid
Successful completion of this class will earn participants an American Health and Safety Institute certification. (If done through a lifeguard class, this will be a Red Cross certification)
- Feb. 13-14 and Feb. 19-21
- March 10-14
- Contact Kristy Snider at firstname.lastname@example.org for class times.
Member Cost: $200
Non-Member Cost: $250
Contact us for Group Training Rates!
*CPR Pro, Emergency Oxygen and First Aid are now included in this class*
CPR, AED, O2 AND First Aid Certification
Member Cost: $50
Non-Member Cost: $75
- 300 Yard Swim: At least 100 yards must be freestyle, and at least 100 yards breaststroke
- 2 minutes treading water with hands either out of water or tucked under armpits
- Sprint to deep end of pool; retrieve 10-pound brick from bottom of pool; swim on your back to the shallow end with brick on chest. Brick and face must be kept out of water. This process must be done in 1 minute, 45 seconds.
- 15 years of age (proof of age will be required)
- Must be present at ALL class sessions.
- Must display maturity and a positive attitude throughout the entire class
- Must be proficient with all skills taught in class and receive 80% or higher on the written tests and 100% on skills test
- Money will not be refunded for those who do not pass the course.
Materials for Course:
- Photo ID
- Parent consent form if under 18
- One piece swim suit, towel, goggles (if desired), class materials, and any other assignments for every class
- Pre-course assignments (assigned after class registration)
- Any other equipment or materials requested by instructor
If you need more knowledge or practice of any prerequisite skills, contact Kristy Snider and ask about our Private Lessons.
Interested in Lifeguarding Certification?