Got game? Emphasis is on teaching the values of good sportsmanship, teamwork, goal setting and skill development in a fun, esteem-promoting atmosphere. Children will have the opportunity to learn the basic volleyball fundamentals such as underhand serving, setting, hitting, and digging in a non-completive environment.
Offered at our Hamilton, North River and Cleveland branches. Learn more by clicking on the branch of your choice.
Hamilton Youth Volleyball
The Hamilton YMCA Youth Volleyball League runs for approximately 10 weeks in the spring and fall of each year. The league is open to all girls ages 7 – 15. Age divisions are broken into 7 – 9, 10 – 12, and 13 – 15. Games are played using TSSAA game rules with age appropriate YMCA rule modifications. All teams will play a guaranteed eight game schedule to include at least one game in a season ending, single elimination tournament. Games will be played on Saturdays at the Hamilton Family YMCA.
$65 for members; $90 for non-members
North River Youth Volleyball
Girls Youth Volleyball - Ages 7-15
Registration Fall 2017 begins July 2017
(Late sign-ups will be taken until September 2017)
12Under & 15Under Academy Volleyball (Cost $215)
All skill levels are welcome. The goal is to create a positive atmosphere for the participant while enhancing their skill level and knowledge of the game. The age divisions will be 7-9 year olds, 10-12 year olds, and 13-15 year olds. The age bracket your child will be placed in is based on how old they will be at beggining of the season. All games are played on Saturdays at the Healthy Living Center at North River, the Hamilton Family YMCA, or the North Georgia YMCA site. There will be a one hour practice once a week throughout the season. All players will receive a volleyball jersey.
Summer Youth Girls Volleyball (Skill Development League)
Girls ages 7 - 15
Registration to begin May. Season June and July 2017
All skill levels are welcome. Numbers permitting, the age divisions will be: 7-9, 10-12, 13-15. Teams will be made up of 12 to 24 girls. The focus of this 6 week program is to work on developing the childs knowledge and skills of volleyball. The program will consist of 6 Saturdays of hour and half each with main focus on practice and drills with a secondary focus of scrimmages.
Cost: $65 Members/$85 Non-Members
Cleveland Youth Volleyball
Evaluations are August 21 & 22 at 6pm. Athletes must attend one before being placed on a team. (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you cannot attend either)
- 8 game season beginning September 9th
- Games will be on Saturday mornings.
- Practices will be once a week for one hour.
- Players must attend one evaluation to be placed on a roster and the teams will be divided based on evaluations.
- Season will end with Round Robin tournament on November 4th
$50 for members and $70 for non-members.
Parent volunteers serve as coaches--training & support will be provided.
Spring Co-Ed Volleyball
- 2017 Season runs March through May.
- Grades 4-8
- Evaluations begin Feb. 20, 23, 25
- Registration deadline: Feb. 25
- Games are played on Saturday afternoons March 11-May 13
- All teams first practice will be Saturday, March 4.
- Optional skills clinic Feb. 18 from 2-4 p.m. Beginners: introduction to passing, setting and serving; Advanced: 4-5 p.m. focusing on overhand serving techniques and volleyball IQ.
- Eight game season: Saturday games with a one hour practice one day a week
- $50 members, $70 nonmembers
*If you are interested in serving as a volunteer coach, please contact sports coordinator, Alizabeth Atnip. For more information contact:
Cleveland Family YMCA Sports Coordinator
North GA Community YMCA Youth Volleyball
The North GA Community YMCA offers Youth Volleyball in the Spring, Summer and Fall. Learn more below.