The Downtown YMCA Child Development Center is a Three-Star Preschool, meeting the needs of working parents by providing affordable tuition for exmplary care in the Downtown area.
The Preschool Program Includes:
- Nutritious breakfast, lunch and snack
- Swim lessons with YMCA instructors
- Challenging, theme-related learning experiences
- Daily physical activities, including access to outdoor playground, indoor gym and play-area
- Parent meetings and open door policy
- Scholarships available for families in need
- Child Care Certificates (vouchers) accepted
- Daily schedules balanced with structure and free choice play
The YMCA's Character Development traits (Honesty, Responsibility, Caring, Respect, and Faith) are implemented throughout the program.
Location and Hours
- Downtown Family YMCA, 301 W. 6th St, Chattanooga, TN 37402
- Monday-Friday 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Ages 1-5 years old
Questions? Contact Emily Cornelius at email@example.com or call (423) 266-3766.
Fall 5 Class
The Fall 5's Classroom at the Downtown Preschool is a unique environment designed for those children who narrowly missed the Kindergarten starting date, due to their fall birthday. By providing challenging developmenally appropriate activites everday for children whose birthdays fall between August through the end of December, the YMCA Preschool offers learning opportunities that keep pace with the needs of these children. It is our desire to allow our Fall 5's learners to take advantage of the skills they have already aquired and continue on the path to becoming confident readers and writers. The building blocks for a succesful entrance into kindergarten are the primary focus of this classroom.
- "They have excellent staff and a great program. They have always gone the extra mile to make sure my sons needs are met as he has had some behavior issues. It is a good feeling knowing your child is well taken care of and that they also have their best interest in mind..."
- "If you are seeking a Christ-centered environment where your child is free to learn, grow and play, the Preschool at the YMCA is the place. These are people who will truly work with you and your child. My child received a well-rounded, multi-cultural experience which was important during a difficult transition in our lives."
- "An especially good place to have your children, if you are looking to have an experience for your child, which is nuturing. Reading is such a good example and the Y Staff read to my granddaughter daily. LOVE IT. Today we worry about how much we spend. However, this daycare is affordable for the working parent and there is NO COMPROMISE on the quality. It is AWESOME"
- "After having two friends who also have children in their care that recommend the facility it was a no brainier to put our son here. They got him started with less then a weeks notice after I got a quick job offer. The playground area is nice and the classrooms are filled with books and toys. My son hugs everyone goodbye each day and freely walks into class and hugs me bye without a blink and smiles every time I say the word school."