Adventure Guides Program
The YMCA Adventure Guides program is for fathers and their sons (5-11 years).
The small groups are called Circles. Each Circle has a unique name and a great heritage. These small groups meet (in the community each month and city-wide each quarter) together to build bonds between sons and dads.
Circles meet throughout the Chattanooga and Cleveland areas.
Benefits of Adventure Guides
- Invaluable bonding time between fathers and sons.
- Designated time and encouragement for parents to get to know their kids while they are still kids.
The four main direction points on the compass are the essential components of the program:
- Family is True North - the focal point of the program.
- Nature and the camping experience are integral parts of the program.
- The spirit of the program is experienced through belonging to a small Community, called a Circle.
- Fun is the magic of the program.
- Along the journey, adults should model, teach and demonstrate these values as well as give children many opportunities to practice and celebrate them.
How to Start A New Circle:
Starting a new circle group in a community, church or neighborhood is very common and simple.
- The group will need a volunteer leader and 6 to 8 families.
- The YMCA will help prepare the leaders with training, materials and support
$25 per Family