Where Care Meets Achievement
The YMCA offers programs to help your child succeed in the classroom. Whether you're a new parent looking to learn how to best prepare your young one for school, or looking for a fun, enriching place for your older child to spend time after school until you get off work, the YMCA has programs aimed at helping giving them the best chance at a bright future.
At the Y you won't have to worry about childcare while you workout. We have that covered. While you are focused on Healthy Living in our facilities, we're focused on Youth Development with your little one.
- Downtown: ages 6 weeks- 11 years
- Hamilton: 8 weeks - 11 years
- Healthy Living Center at North River: 8 weeks -11 years
- Cleveland: 8 weeks -5 years (in childwatch center); and ages 6-12 (in Youth Activity Center)
For available hours and more information on Child Watch, click on your branch location's hours.
After School Care
YMCA Afterschool is a safe place for children to play, learn and grow when out of school.
Qualified and caring staff focus on nurturing the development of each child. We provide a place to have fun, make new friends and become more active. Children create lasting memories as they engage in a variety of educational and imaginative activities that encourage them to explore who they are and what they can achieve.
Benefits of YMCA After School:
- More Physical Activity - at least 30 minutes of outdoor or indoor physical activity per day.
- YMCA Afterschool Staff- Our staff is carefully selected and receives over 30 hours of training, from child development to the importance of being a positive role model.
- We Partner With Schools- Our curriculum is customizable for each district or school. Administrators and parents partner with their Program Director to decide which activities are most important to their scholar's goals.
- We Listen To Our Parents- We conduct two surveys per school year to assess parent satisfaction with our after school care program.
Find A YMCA After School Care Program Near You:
Summer Day Camp
Summer Day Camp is offered at our Downtown, Hamilton, Cleveland, Healthy Living Center at North River, and North GA Community YMCA branches.
YMCA Day Camps foster children's emotional, social, physical and creative growth through a range of interactive activities all while building relationships with counselors and staff who serve as role models every day. Camps provide a variety of activities from educational outdoor experiences to hands on academic projects. Each week includes activities like swimming, field trips, and at some camps, archery, riflery and canoeing.
We are committed to providing programs that focus on healthy living, physical activity, and educational enrichment within an atmosphere that fosters the growth of the 40 Developmental Assets in each camper. We accomplish this through national standards for out-of-school time and those set forth by the Search Institute.
- CATCH Kids Club is a unique approach to child health that keeps kids moving, eliminates elimination games, and promotes good nutrition.
- Positive Values: Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, and Faith are a part of everything we do, every day.
- Social Competencies: We teach kids to make positive decisions, understand others, and understand their community through our camp programs!
- Constructive Use of Time: The YMCA is dedicated to making you and your child's experiences extraordinary. At the end of each day, your child will come home with stories of fun filled adventures. Learn more about Developmental Assets.
Our camps are designed for children of all ages and are located throughout Southeast Tennessee and North Georgia.
- Pre-Camp Hours: 7 - 9 a.m.
- Camp Hours: 9 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- After Camp Hours: 4 -6 p.m.
Fees: $95/week for YMCA members; $125/week for non-members
A $5 non-refundable registration fee is required at the time of registration for each week attending.*
**No one is turned away from any YMCA program due to financial limitations. Scholarships are available for those who qualify. Please contact your local YMCA branch to complete a scholarship application.
**YMCA Day Camp offers inclusion opportunities for campers with special needs who function well in group environments. Please contact the camp director to determine if we can safely accommodate your special needs camper.