Y-CAP Summer Programs
For the students enrolled in the Y-CAP program during the school year, we offer an 8-week summer program to expand their horizons through travel and adventure, taking them to new places for experiential learning.
- Week 1 - Justice: Tour of the jail, visit to juvenile court, meeting judges and attorneys.
- Week 2 - History: Local battlefields, Indian reservation, Civil Rights museum.
- Week 3 - Career: Mayfield dairies, CocaCola Bottling Plant, construction site.
- Week 4- Outdoor Adventures: Rock climbing, hiking, camping, biking.
- Week 5 - Wellness: Rugby, ultimate frisbee, first-aid, marathon running, whiffle ball, nutrition and healthy living.
- Week 6 - Boxing Not Bullets at YMCA Camp Ocoee: National program with kids from 8 states.
- Week 7 - Fine Arts: Music, museums, piano, arts.
- Week 8- Misisons & Ministry: KAA urban youth camp with volunteers from the Chattanooga Police Department or service projects in the local community.