Together We Can Do So Much More
Every year, YMCA members and volunteers give their time and money to make life better for a child, a single mother, a family enduring financial hardship, an isolated older person. Each person’s story is different, but essentially they all tell us the same thing: The YMCA changed my life.
Last year, the YMCA of Metropolitan Chattanooga and its member branches and programs provided scholarships and program subsidies totaling almost $1.8 million. Through these scholarship dollars, 11,837 individuals and families had an opportunity to participate in Y programs. Because so many generous individuals shared their treasures, many lives were enriched.
Please consider making a contribution this year to the Community Support Campaign. Download a free QR Reader and hover over the image at right to give directly to the North River branch. Your gift may be designated to one of the following areas:
- Preschool Age Children’s Programs
- Teen Programs
- At-risk Youth
- Camping Experiences
- Special Needs Children’s Programs
- Be A Hero (Volunteer)
- With $1,000, inner city children gain self-confidence and character values at Y summer camps.
- With $950, a child in the Middle School Outreach Program improves his grades and his self-esteem through the efforts of tutors and mentors.
- With $750, ten children have an opportunity for social interaction with peers and physical activity in classes for home-schooled students.
- With $500, a science student learns about environmental responsibility through the YMCA Earth Service Corps.
- With $400, 150 teens enjoy safe, wholesome recreation at YMCA Friday Teen Night.
- With $200, a single mom has peace of mind knowing her child is safe in Before and After School Care each month.
- With $100, two children gain independence and self-confidence in beginning swim lessons.
How to Make a Gift
Gifts may be made in a variety of ways. We accept cash, checks, credit cards (Visa, Mastercard and Discover), gifts of stock and monthly bank drafts. Please contact the Y for more information on gifts of stock and bank drafts. The YMCA’s fiscal year began January 1 and concludes December 31.
No person shall be denied membership or program participation by reason of inability to pay. Funds are made available for financial assistance through the United Way and the YMCA Community Support Campaign. Financial assistance is based on ability to pay.
For more information, email Rosemary Dworak.