Don't Worry About the Kids... Enjoy Your Workout!
- As a city-wide family member of the YMCA of Metro Chattanooga, you have full access to our Youth Development Wing anytime you are inside the YMCA!
- From 6 weeks to 12 years, your children can enjoy their time with us in a safe, secure environment filled with games, kid’s fitness classes and the fundamental building blocks
- for their age groups.
Early Childhood Center & Adventure Center
- Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.-1p.m.; 4 p.m.-8p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. (beginning Feb. 4, 2017) - Noon
- Sunday: 1:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. (NURSERY CLOSED)
- *Adventure Center and Nursery close at 6 p.m. on the 3rd Friday of every month for Parents Night Out.
For more information, please contact Nikki Bryant.
Check In and Check Out
- All members/guests must check in at the YMCA Front Desk before bringing child(ren) to the Youth Development Wing.
- Parents/guardians are required to leave their YMCA membership card of photo ID with the Youth Development Wing staff. Children will NOT be admitted without a parent/guardian ID.
- Sign in on the appropriate sign-in sheet; EVERY space must be filled in.
- Your child will receive a wristband which includes their age upon sign-in.
Parents are not allowed past check-in point at childwatch.
Only children of members staff or paid guests are granted use of the childwatch.
- Parents/Guardians MUST stay in the YMCA facility while children are signed into the Youth Development Wing.
- No food is allowed; bottles for babies and cups/bottles of water with non-spill lids are permitted.
- Please note any allergies on the sign-in sheet and inform staff.
- There is a 2 hour time limit per day, with a maximum of 10 hours per week for each child.
- Children are separated into specific age groups within the Youth Development Wing. While a separation from a sibling may be daunting to a child, please know that this separation is in the best interest of all the children. Children may also be separated into different areas of our facility in order to maintain state regulated ratios.
- Socks MUST be worn at all times and sneakers are preferred for any class activity in the Adventure Center.
- If a child cries and is inconsolable for 15 minutes, staff will audibly page or find the parent/guardian of the child.
- Children must adhere to scheduled times for their age groups in the Adventure Center.