The Y's passion is to strengthen the foundations of community. With a commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the Y ensures that every individual has access to the essentials needed to learn, grow and thrive.
Together, we can make a difference.
As a nonprofit, volunteers and donors make our mission possible. As community and Y members help us, we are able to give back to the community. As an organization, we are socially responsible, and urge our members to be, as well. When we all come together for the community, we are stronger. Learn how YOU can give back and help us make the Y all it can be by volunteering or being a Y donor.
We are proud to give back to our community through scholarships and special programs like these:
- Summer Feeding: We provide meals to children and teens in our community who might not otherwise have food available to them during the day.
- Backpack Blessings provides nutritious, non-perishable food items to students each Friday to reduce weekend hunger and help prepare for Monday's learning in the classroom. Supported through a partnership with schools, volunteers, grants and individual donors, Backpack Blessings serves children throughout each school year.
- Early Learning Readiness is a free nationwide preschool program, provided by the YMCA and in partnership with Chattanooga 2.0. Our program is designed to help close the achievement gap for at-risk children ages birth-4 years old.
- Y-CAP gives at-risk youth the chance to turn their lives around through counseling, tutoring, service learning and mentoring.
- Miracle League of Chattanooga is a unique baseball league offered to youth and adults with any type of mental or physical challenge. Participants can play the sport, enjoy commraderie, and socialize with others -- all on a field that is safe and accessible to them.
Through these programs, and others like them, we are changing our community.