For Youth Development
Nurturing the potential of every child and teen:
- Knowledge, character development, guidance and encouraging to help youth development
- All kids deserve the opportunity to discover who they are and what they can achieve.
- Youth cultivate values and relations that lead to positive behaviors.
YMCA Character Trait Values:
- Caring – To put others before yourself. Represented by the color RED for love and the heart.
“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and love (CARE for) your neighbor as yourself.” - Luke 10:27.
- Honesty – to tell the truth. Represented by the color BLUE for true blue truthfulness.
“Better to be poor and HONEST than rich and dishonest. No one believes a liar, but everyone respects the words of an HONEST man.” - Proverbs 19:1, 21:28.
- Respect – To treat others as you would have them treat you. Represented by GOLD for the Golden Rule.
“Treat people the same way you want them to treat you. Show proper RESPECT to everyone.” - Matthew 7:12, 1 Peter 2:17.
- Responsibility – To do what you should. Represented by GREEN for our fiscal and environmental responsibilities.
“Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, for each one should carry (be RESPONSIBLE for) his own load. - Galatians 6:4-5.”
- Faith – To trust God. Represented by the color PURPLE for the Kingdom of God.
“And without FAITH it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.” – Hebrews 11:6.