Youth Trust is a leadership development program for 8th grade students to share in a small group settings their problems, concerns and viewpoints that determine the quality of life in the greater Chattanooga community.
- Each (public, private, or preparatory) school in Chattanooga that operates an 8th grade class will be asked to nominate two students for the program.
- These students will be chosen by their guidance counselors and/or teachers for their overall leadership potential and ability to work with others.
- Team building and leadership training will begin with an extended weekend session at YMCA Camp Ocoee.
- Training session on leadership and community involvement will be conducted plus a great deal of group fun and challenging opportunities.
- After the weekend, the students will have the opportunity to participate in the YMCA Trustkeeper’s, an extension of the Youth Trust program and the YMCA Leader’s Club.
- Trustkeepers is a student run program that lasts the entire school year.